The hardest part of throwing a party is by far choosing the right music.
Everything else? Super easy. But if you don’t know exactly the right music, the people around you will definitely complain until you get the message. As I found out when I had my own get together today. I had two sides of the spectrum listening to my music: the laid back rock and pop, and the metal and dubstep. At first I thought that one side would give themselves up. But I didn’t think it would be the laid back rock and pop friends of mine. So, after a few songs having to hear, “This band sucks,” Or “They only have three good songs,” and such, I realized I needed to bump up the music, and not in volume.
So when you’re dealing with guys that like hard rock, and are extremely picky, I found some really good tunes. It’s loud and obnoxious, but when most of your friends are, it fits right in.
1) Avenged Sevenfold- Even easy going rockers can enjoy the wide variety of music that Avenged Sevenfold presents. Apparently Nightmare, Welcome To The Family, and Almost Easy are very good party hits. Somehow. I realized that the drums were quite impressive. It’s funny when two people spontaneously air-drum the same part.
2) Alice In Chains- From classic “Rooster” to fairly present “Check My Brain”, Alice In Chains has amazing vocals and a good guitar to headbang to.
3) Drowning Pool- now, I know people say that “Bodies” is way overplayed, and stupid video game commercials have definitely ruined it’s spunk. Unless you were raised on the song and love it to death. “Sinner” is also good.
4) Korn- “Freak On a Leash” and “Narcissistic Cannibal” are both great songs in their own way. However, when partying, go ahead and get crazy weird with “Narcissisitic Cannibal”. You will feel like you rule the world.
5) Bullet For My Valentine- This band is definitely for hardcore people. My favorite Welsh band (EVER) had all around amazing music. People will be jumping around, playing air-instruments, and pretending to scream their heads out.
Beware however, if you have well informed fans of these bands, you WILL have people singing. But if you’re like me, you’ll grab a soda and sing along (if not better!) Maybe your friends like softer, more realistic PARTY music, but it’s good to go insane every once in awhile.
Here’s to a good night,
XoXo Radium Rollercoaster,