1. Stone Sour- The lead singer of Slipknot- Corey Taylor fronts this rock band that has 3 studio albums. Slipknot will be for another list ;D I like Stone Sour alot actually, because it is more mellow than Slipknot. My favorite is Through Glass because it has a pulse but is really soft. It gives me chills and I can listen to it over and over again. Of course, Tell Me You’ll Haunt Me, Digital, and Bother are all awesome!
2. Guns N’ Roses- I think this band speaks for itself. I love Axl Rose and everyone else that’s a part of this band. I pride myself in knowing alot of older music. You would not believe how many people can’t name more than 2 GNR songs! If this isn’t rock, I don’t know what is! The solos are just as memorable as the amazing vocals. My favorites are Civil War and Sweet Child O’ Mine. I need to learn how to play it on guitar. [Complete side note: If I ever learn how to completely play Fade To Black by Metallica, which I’m working on, I will try to tape it!]
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers- They are their own style unto themselves, I believe. I remember one day, I borrowed my dad’s MP3 a few years ago, and here was this strange song that I recognized, but I didn’t remember where. It was Under The Bridge, by none other by Red Hot Chili Peppers. From then, I enjoyed almost every song I heard by them. Flea and Anthony Kiedis are the only two members that were permanent in this band, and for good reason. Listen to the music they- along with other band members along the way- have created. From Scar Tissue to The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie, there is no style they can’t conquer, because they are a style all their own.
4. KISS- Going on their 20th album, Kiss has been around for 4 generations now, making awesome music. Gene Simmons has made such an impression on the world, that this years Golden God (Revolver Mag) is none other than said Rock and Roll legend! But even with their wide spread fame, I know people who believe that “Cherry Pie” was made famous by KISS. I find this offensive. I’m not a die hard fan, but even I respect their music enough to know when KISS is playing on the radio. It’s a cliche, but Rock And Roll All Nite is my favorite! 🙂
5. Motley Crue- Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars, and Vince Neil are rocking one of the biggest, best bands of this time. Every song has an amazing beat with awesome bass of course! I absoulutely love their music, more than most older music. My recent favorite has to be “Smokin’ In The Boys Room”. Their songs all have different yet similar sounds, all the type of music I would love to have at a party. If you are looking for a “Feelgood” [See what I did there?] song that makes you smile and sing along, Motley Crue is your band!
I will be covering more KISS when the new album comes out, and I also cover the Golden Gods awards for Revolver Magazine next month!
XoXo, Radium Rollercoaster